DISCLAIMER: Statistical information was obtained from the NADA’s annual publication entitled “NADA Data” a compilation of its year-long analysis of the U.S. car and truck industry. No claim is made as to accuracy.
This information is being supplied as a general resource only.
Indiana new-vehicle franchised dealers are a major source and generator of tax revenue, and a principal contributor of both time and money to local charities. We expect this statewide economic and civic support to continue. The details of Indiana dealership operations and their effect on the economy are documented below.
(Compiled in 2015)
- 384 Franchised Dealerships
- $14.4 Billion in Sales / $37.5 Million per dealership
- $1.02 Billion Total Retail Payroll was paid by Indiana’s Franchised Dealers (.$2.65 Million per Dealership)
- $929 per Week is the Average Wage for Employees of IN Franchised Dealerships
- 242,916 New Vehicles were Registered in Indiana and New Car Sales Generated $14.4 Billion
- 17,396 Franchised Dealerships
- $806 Billion in sales / $49.2 Million per dealership
- $58.11 Billion Total Retail Payroll in the U.S. is paid by Franchised Dealers ($3.54 Million per Dealership)
- $1,058 per Week is the Average Wage for Employees of All Franchised Dealerships
- 16.43 Million New Vehicles were Sold in the U.S. Generating $806 Billion